To start editing contents and contents options, reviewing content history and deleting contents, switch the pencil icon in the side menu to
Add new contents to region
There are four types of content, which could be added to the page: HTML, Markdown, Plain text content and Widgets. Content can be created by pressing button, which appears on the region overlay. A dropdown appears where you can select the wanted content type to insert.
Insert HTML, Markdown or Plain text content
To insert HTML, Markdown or Plain text content, select appropriate option from the aforementioned dropdown. A modal window with the selected content edit form will appear:
- Content name. Used when sorting contents.
- A WYSIWYG editor. The toolbar will change accordingly to the selected content type. User guide for current editor can be found here.
- Live From, Live To - select these dates to show this content from specified date to specified date. Live to date is optional.
- If you wish to view how will content look in the page layout, press
- If you are ready to publish created content, press
Save & Publishbutton. Page will go live immediately (if current date is in live dates interval).
- If you are not ready to publish the content yet, press
Save Draftbutton. Draft copy will be created and you can return later and edit or publish it. If content was already published before, changed made in draft version will be invisible to public users.
Editing template's content
When editing template's content, dynamic regions can be inserted directly to editing content. this is discussed in templates documentation section.
Insert widget to region
There are two types of widgets: created reusable HTML content or registered server control widget. To add the widget to the page, please select
Widget option from
Add new content dropdown. A modal window will open where you can select already created widgets or create a new one.
- To create a HTML content widget, press
- To register a server control widget, press the arrow button. Select
Registeroption from the dropdown menu that appeared.
- Use search to find the widget wanted.
- To insert widget to the page, click on the desirable widget's
- Widgets can be edited before inserting, by pressing pencil icon.
- They can also be deleted, by pressing
Deletebutton next to widget and confirming deletion.
NOTE: All the widgets are categorized. If category is not assigned, unassigned widgets are shown in Uncategorized group.
NOTE: A Widget can be added to another widget or to HTML content. Read more here.
For content editing, press
Edit content icon when mouse cursor is over content you want to edit. When pressing edit icon, specific content editing modal window will open.
If content was saved as draft, the edit icon will turn red: .
Edit Widget Options
Widgets can contain widget options. To edit content options, press configure button:
How to manage page content options, read here.
For deleting a content, press
Delete content icon when mouse cursor is over content you want to delete and confirm deletion.
View content history
For viewing content history, press
Content History icon when mouse cursor is over content, which versions you want to review.
Modal window with ability to preview and restore older versions will open:
The history window contains 2 preview modes: Visual Preview mode, where rendered content is seen, Data Preview mode, where content's source and other options are seen.
- Switch to Visual Preview mode to see the rendered content.
- Switch to Data Preview mode to see the content's source.
- Select a version that you want to preview.
- Click the restore button to restore old (archived) version.
There are 3 types of content statuses:
- Draft. Draft version, invisible to public users. It's optional - page can be published and not contain draft version.
- Published. Currently active version, visible to public users. It's optional - page can contain only draft and not contain published version yet.
- Archived. Older version of content. If content was published, and re-published again, archived version of content is created.